New BBC Radio 2 imaging package for 2011?
BBC Radio 2 is the UK’s most popular radio station with weekly reach of 13.7 million listeners, who tune-in for an average of 12 hours a week (RAJAR Q310). BBC Radio 2 are looking to commission a new network-wide imaging package.
Our ambition is to create a strong, distinctive and dynamic package that, overall, reflects the full range of our programmes; from classical to pop, jazz to blues and news and live music. The sound should be rich and anthemic and use real instrumentation to best effect. We are looking for modern production used in today’s music blended seamlessly with a variety of musical genres and eras. The package will also need to feature a range of group and solo vocals, all of which can stand-up to the artists we play.
It is anticipated the full package will consist of;
– 1 x News
– 1 x Travel Bed and Tag
– 20 x Image Ramps (approx 20 seconds duration)
– 5 x Christmas IDs (approx 10 seconds duration)
To be considered for this project, companies/individuals need to compile an audio CD or mp3 of demo idents for;
1. BBC Radio 2 News In
2. Ken Bruce Show Open
3. Mike Harding Folk and Roots Show Open
Each ident should be pitched 2 ways; first using the existing BBC Radio 2 sonic logo, second using a new sonic logo of your own composition for “BBC Radio 2”. If you wish to evolve the existing logo, they will also accept these additional versions in your pitch.
Some pointers from the brief:
– It is highly recommended that you listen to the Ken Bruce and Mike Harding programmes and reflect their presentation and musical styles in your pitch.
– The News In should be instrumental.
– Each show open ident should feature vocals.
– Whilst we don’t expect to hear real instrumentation at the demo stage, we do expect to hear vocals which best reflect what your company can provide.
– We’re looking for a rich and anthemic sound.
– The composition should observe the individual feature/programme/genre but retain a uniform feel
Pitches will be accepted for this project until 5pm February 11th 2011. It would be helpful if you could send notification of your intention to pitch in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.